Guide for Adult renewal application (PC7) by mail
1.Complete your renewal application form online
- The application must be lodged within six months of completion
2.Print and sign your application form
- Print your application on plain white A4 paper, using blank ink only. Make sure your form has printed in full and isn't cut off at the top or bottom of the page.
- US standard letter paper or US legal paper sizes are also acceptable, but only if they’re scaled properly. Refer to more information on printing your application form
- Sign the form using black pen, within the signature box. Make sure there are no alterations or whiteout on the signature or the date.
- Two recent identical colour photos, less than six months old with your full name written on the back of one photo. Refer to photo guidelines for more information
- Do NOT attach the photos to the form as this may damage them
- Complete the payment authorisation form.
- You can view more information on passport fees here. If you wish to have your new passport mailed back to you, you will have to pay postage fees as well.
5.Check your adult renewal checklist
- Before posting your application, review your adult renewal checklist here
6.Post your application
- Post your application here:
Villanueva 1400, Buenos Aires (1426), Argentina.
7.How long will it take?
- Please allow a minimum of six weeks to receive a new passport once payment has been taken. PLEASE NOTE incomplete applications will cause delays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I send my current passport with the renewal application?
How will I know if/when my application has been received at post?
Unless you are contacted directly about your passport application and have acknowledgement of payment in your bank records is confirmation your application has been received.
What if I need to travel urgently, but already mailed in my renewal application?
Please contact the mission where you posted your application to discuss options.
Will the mission post my new passport to me?
Your new passport will be posted to the postal address provided on your passport renewal application form (PC7). If your circumstances have since changed, please contact the mission where you mailed your application to discuss alternative options.
What if I cannot access the online portal to complete and print my PC7 renewal application?
Contact your nearest Australian mission to request a pre-filled PC7 renewal form can be emailed to you.